The latest Stress in America report has been recently published by the America Psychological Association. There are some interesting facts included in the report:
- Millennials are more likely than other generations to say they eat too much or eat unhealthy foods due to stress
- 43 percent of women report having overeaten or eaten unhealthy foods in the past month due to stress, compared to 32 percent of men.
- 31 percent of teens say that their stress level has increased in the past year and 34 percent believe their stress levels will increase in the coming year.
- 43 percent of American adults report that stress has caused them to lie awake at night in the past month.
- 61 percent of adults say that managing stress is extremely or very important, but only 35 percent say they are doing an excellent or very good job at it.
The 2013 report has some insightful facts and helps us appreciate the link between stress and unhealthy behaviors and poor health.
I invite you to add your comments there… and to share the post with your friends and network on your Social Media site.
Here is a link to the entire post – Stress in America Report. How Are You Handling Yours?
Related Resources and Readings
The Life, Stress and Health Model – A page on this website that explains stress management from a biblical perspective.
Spiritual Exercises for a Healthier Life – An explanation of several biblical principles that help us grow in our faith. Many are directly related to our health.