Health & Wellness Professionals
Learn more about the Biblical foundation and of this connection between spirit, mind and body from a Christian perspective.
As you mature in your faith and apply certain “spiritual exercises” into your life and realize the benefits of living according to these principles, you’ll experience a more full life in a way that is personal to you. This life experience will better enable you to encourage the people you serve to similarly integrate the faith component into their overall fitness program to improve their total health.
Gain more understanding about the research on spirituality, religion and health.
Integrate the care of the spirit into your practice. Be intentional about this. Address the spiritual risk factors of your clients/patients.
Gain additional insight by participating in our workshop, Understanding the Faith and Health Link.
YMCA Fitness and Wellness Staff
Life, Wellness and Health Coaches
A key tenant of professional coaching is that the coach ought to be as well as they can be so they are better able to serve their clients. Whole person health is key to living a full life.
Participate in our Faith and Health Ambassador Course so you can become more whole personally. From being more whole yourself, you’ll be better able to serve your clients. You’ll also learn invaluable insights, and receive very helpful tools, from which you’ll be able to better address the spiritual risk factors of your clients.
Join us for one of our workshops, Understanding the Faith and Health Link – Connecting the Dots Between the Christian Faith and Your Health.
Parish/Faith Community Nurses
Empower the members of your parishes and congregations by educating them about the link between spirituality and health. Work with your local professionals to facilitate the inner healing of the people you serve.
- Take this Spiritual Fitness Assessment and read about spiritual exercises for your own spiritual and physical health.
- Read about our retreats and workshops that teach about this topic and empower people to make lifestyle changes.
- Copy & share these nicely formatted articles about faith and health with your church and community members.
- Participate in our workshop, Understanding the Faith and Health Link – Connecting the Dots Between the Christian Faith and Your Health.
- Become a Faith and Health Ambassador and lead a PathWay 2 Wholeness Bible Study at your church.
- See more resources at this page – Parish Nurse Resources.
Pastors and Ministry Leaders
First, attend to your own health. Take care of yourself. See the Pastors Page of the site for more information on self care.
- Challenge members of your congregation to lean more on their faith and to deepen their relationship with God so that He can help them make necessary behavior changes to improve their health.
- Show them how to tap into the power of the Holy Spirit to do this.
- Teach them how the spirit, mind and body work together to impact their health. Help them understand the health implications of living a fast-paced and stress-filled life and teach them the health-related impact of being bitter and not forgiving others.
- Appeal to the ‘seeker’ to learn about the love of God and His power to help them with health-related issues.
As you become more familiar with the connection between faith and health, you’ll be better able to address the health-related needs of your congregation.
“As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life.” 2 Peter 1:3