Here’s a listing of some of the material things I own which most contribute to my spirit, mind, and body health.
1. My Bible. It helps me understand who God is and how he wants me to live. The spiritual health I achieve through my relationship with God is my foundation for my relational, emotional, mental and physical health.
2. My Bible Study Tools. The daily devotionals I read direct me to the Bible. My commentary helps me interpret what I read in the Bible. The concordance gives me an appreciation for the original Greek and Hebrew words that have been translated into today’s English language.
3. My Running Shoes. I’ve been running since I was in high school… almost 50 years. Running has been my primary method of staying in shape and helps me manage my weight and stress. My shoes are an essential part of this activity. Read more at this blog post – Running Shoes and The Bible – My Fitness Equipment)
4. Our Blender. For the last few years I’ve been experimenting with different smoothie and juice recipes. Often I will make a smoothie for breakfast. It’s quick, easy and pretty healthy. We have a juicer, but I prefer the blender because it retains the fiber when we use fruits and veggies.
5. Our Back Yard Patio and Flower Bed. Most mornings I sit out back for my devotionals. I often write my blog posts there, which is what I’m doing now. This location helps me enjoy the presence of God and His creation. It contributes to my praise and worship of Him.
6. Devices to Play and Listen to My Christian Music. I often play music when I am working in my office or around the house. It’s uplifting and certainly more beneficial than putting unholy or worldly thoughts into my mind. As I write this post I have music playing on iTunes on my laptop. When I go on a run, I often attach my small iPod to the waistband of my shorts. When I’m working around the house, yard or garage I usually have a Bluetooth speaker piping out music.
7. My Water Bottle. Nutrition is perhaps my weakest link, but I appreciate the significance of drinking water to stay hydrated. I try my best to have my water bottle around me as much as possible. This morning, I added a bit of fresh lemon juice and a pinch of Stevia to the water. I still have a pretty huge sweet tooth!
OK, I couldn’t stop at five… so I’ve listed seven!
Let’s have some fun with this. What’s on your list that’s not on mine? Add it in the comment area below and tell us why you value it so much.
Related Blog Posts