On Christmas day, as you reflect on God’s love, goodness and holiness, I encourage you to take a few minutes to ponder the significance of the birth of Christ and to be reminded why He came into the world.
God sent His only Son, Jesus…
- To give you His Spirit to guide, teach and empower you.
- To empower you to change unhealthy lifestyle behaviors.
- To give you rest and peace when you are burdened and stressed.
- To comfort you when you feel sad, are mourning, or hurting.
- To be your friend when you are lonely.
- To encourage you when you feel discouraged.
- To enable you to be content, even during difficult times.
- To walk with you in your dark times.
- To enable you to love others in the same way that God loves Him.
- To give you strength when you are weak.
- To set you free from your selfish and sinful nature.
- To give you power to live a life that is glorifying to His Father.
- To make you a bright shining light in a world that is dark.
- To forgive you of your sins and enable you to be in a relationship with His Father.
- To enable you to enjoy being in His presence forever, in heaven.
“Look! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” John 1:29