Summer can be a little slower than other times of the year for ministry leaders and pastors. With that in mind, I encourage you to take a few minutes and reflect on these areas of your life, and consider making adjustments as necessary.
10 Life Balance Questions to Reflect Upon:
1. How often do you engage in the Bible study not related to the practice of ministry?
2. How often do you participate in private worship?
3. Are you active in an accountability/support group?
4. How many “days off” are you consistently taking each week?
5. How much time each week is reserved for home life?
6. If married, how often do you have “date” nights or other regular opportunities for special time with your spouse? If single, do you spend time with friends or other family on a weekly basis?
7. Are you up to date with your annual physical?
8. Are you getting regular physical activity/exercise?
9. Is your diet balanced and in moderation?
10. Do you engage in interests or hobbies outside the church?
*Adapted from material provided by Rev. Christian Dominic Boyd, www.celtichound.org
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” 3 John 1:2 (NIV)
If you’d like to receive a monthly email of encouragement, visit the link and select the appropriate newsletter.