The 2012 conference, Forgiveness, Hope, Healing: Building an Effective Cancer Ministry, is set for 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, April 21 in Philadelphia, PA. The organizer of the conference is the Release Now organization.
Approximately 200 ministers and community leaders, including doctors, nurses, cancer patients and caregivers from across the country, are expected to attend.
Scheduled Speakers and Guests Include:
- Harold Koenig, M.D., Director of Duke University’s Center for Spirituality, Theology and Health.
- Katherine Hurst, M.Sc., M.D., practicing physician in Iowa, promoting and encouraging the concepts of forgiveness and reconciliation in her patients.
- Loren Toussaint, Ph.D., Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology, Luther College in Decorah, Iowa.
- Terri Roberts, mother of the gunman in the Amish schoolhouse shootings that took place in Nickel Mines, PA
- Featured Musical Guest Kevin LeVar, author, preacher, songwriter and recording artist. LeVar is the creator of the Forgive and Live Campaign, a global forgiveness campaign to inspire one million acts of forgiveness.
- Several panelists, consisting of cancer patients, doctors and nurses, will also be a part of the program.
To learn more information visit the conference website.