Bible Verses About Health, Healing, Strength, and Stress
Here you’ll find listings of scriptures and verses in the Bible about health, wholeness, strength, stress, hope and healing. Affirmations based on scripture verses are also provided.
- Scriptures on Strength from God – Written in an Affirmation Format
“I will never forget your commandments, for you have used them to restore my joy and health.” Psalms 119: 93 (NLT)
“A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.” Proverbs 14:30 (NLT)
Don’t be impressed with your all wisdom. Instead, fear the Lord and turn your back on evil. Then you’ll gain renewed health and vitality. Proverbs 3:7-8 (NLT)
“Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” 3 John 1:2 (NIV)
Learn how to apply the truths of scripture to manage your stress and live a healthy life. Join our Executive Director for an upcoming Faith and Health Teleseminar.
- Bible Quotes about Healing – Compiled by Katherine Walden at Encouraging Bible Quotes.com
- Faith & Health Scripture Weekly Devotional Series – Encouraging blog posts posts that have a health and scripture reference.
- An Invitation to Join God’s Family – An online booklet from Focus on the Family.
Affirmations Using Scripture
Saying affirmations based on scripture can be very helpful in changing your mindset and thinking pattern. In turn, your new thinking will help you change your unhealthy behavior.
- Scriptures and Affirmations on Strength We Receive From God
- Affirmations & Confessions on Health – An example of positive statements based on Biblical truths to help you receive wholeness, freedom and a new identity in Christ.
Affirmations in mp3 format are available for download for a very small fee on our Products for Purchase page.
- Listen to a sample – Affirmations Using Scripture sample
Scripture Affirmations on Twitter, Facebook and Google +
If you have a Twitter account then you might consider following Dale Fletcher to receive daily scripture affirmations. Alternatively, you can receive short updates of encouragement on our ministry’s Facebook page or Google +. Read Dale’s post – Positive Affirmations on Twitter Based on Scripture, about the value of these affirmations. A few examples:
- “I am God’s workmanship and a new person in Jesus Christ so that I can do the good things He planned for me long ago.” Ephesians 2:10
- “I obey the teachings of Jesus so I will never die.” John 8:51
- “I am made fully right with God through Christ.” 2 Corinthians 5:21
- “I am a child of God.” John 1:12
- “I am not condemned – I walk in freedom. Romans 8:1
“All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17