It’s Friday, May 8th, 2009 and I’m suggesting that on Fridays, Twitterers share the love of God and Jesus using the #FaithFriday hashtag.
If you use Twitter much at all, you’ll know that four months ago Micah Baldwin came up with the idea that twitterers might promote someone to follow. According to Micah, “The idea is to think of interesting people you already follow and recommend them to others.” The idea caught on quickly and you can see the impact at this link.
#FaithFriday – The Concept
I’m suggesting that followers of Christ use a similar strategy to love on others and to share the gospel on Fridays….. and that we call it FaithFriday and that we use the hashtag #FaithFriday.
I’d encourage you to use your imagination… link to a good site or a blog entry, an article, share an affirmation, a scripture… anything that shares the love of Christ with others and that brings glory to God.
There are millions of people in the world who are hurting, in pain, stressed to the max and lost. They have no idea where they will spend eternity after they die. They have no peace or joy. On Fridays, we can use Twitter very intentionally to share the truth about our Savior and how people can find and experience the true Source of love, peace and joy.
#FaithFriday – A Few Scriptures to Share:
- “For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” Jesus in John 3:16
- “I have come that they might have life and life to the full.” Jesus in John 10:10
- ” Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.” Matthew 4:19
#FaithFriday – Customized Tiny URLs to Use in Your Tweets
I have created a few customized “shortened” URLs with links to these respective URLs that you might consider copying and pasting into your tweets:
- http://bit.ly/FaithFriday – to this blog post to help you share it with others so they can understand the concept.
- http://tiny.cc/GodLovesYou – to The Message version of the verse John 3:16.
- http://tiny.cc/GODisLOVE – to the verses in 1 John 4:7-12 that reminds us that God is love.
- http://tiny.cc/FollowJesus – to the verses in Matthew 4:18-20 where Jesus invites His disciples to follow Him.
- http://tr.im/YFaithFriday – to Psalm 96:1-4 that reminds us to praise God and share the Good News with others.
Your feedback is appreciated.